SMiLes by Meg

Frozen Yogurt

This is big. Like, bigger than big. This is the first official post on smilesbymeg.com!  Huge, huge shout out to my brother, Pete, for such an awesome Christmas present. I now have my own domain, and a new look to go with it!

Full disclosure: the new site isn’t totally done. It’s a work in progress, as I’m still updating previous posts to make sure they work correctly in the new domain. So if you are looking through my older stuff and realize none of the pictures are working – don’t despair! I know that that is happening and am slowly plugging away at fixing it. For now, you can always still find things on my old blog until I disable that one and move to this full time.

Also, I won’t be posting anything new on that one, so if you want to keep getting updates from SMiLes by Meg, make sure to follow me here! If you look over on the left, you should see the option to enter your email address to get the updates.

Anyways, I feel like I should be commemorating this with some hugely memorable post, or some crazy recipe I’ve always wanted to try but never had the nerve to. But, unfortunately, it was a busy weekend. And really, all I wanted to make was something I could enjoy every night without feeling guilty.

So, since this is sort of a soft roll-out of the new website, I went with an easy recipe to get the ball rolling. Frozen yogurt!

And when I say easy, I mean REALLY easy. Three ingredients easy. First, whisk together those three ingredients (yogurt, sugar, and salt) in a medium bowl until smooth.

 

IMG_2095 Frozen Yogurt - 2Then, chill the mixture, covered, in the refrigerator, until an instant thermometer reads under 45°F. I just got this thermometer for Christmas (thanks John and Anne!), so I also kind of picked this recipe so I would have an excuse to use it. If you don’t have one, about an hour in the fridge should be fine.

Frozen Yogurt - 3Also, did you notice it’s yellow? Because that’s about 60% of what makes it so awesome. The other 40% is that it will allow me to make all sorts of candy and tempered chocolate without the paralyzing fear of burning things.

Moving on. Pour the batter into your ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s instructions. Let it run on stir for about half an hour or until it’s the consistency you want.

Frozen Yogurt - 4 Frozen Yogurt - 5Transfer the frozen yogurt into an airtight container and freeze overnight before serving. Scooping it earlier won’t hurt – it will just be more soft-serve consistency than ice cream consistency.

Frozen Yogurt - 6And that’s it! I told you it was easy. This is plain frozen yogurt, so the flavor is tart, which pairs really well with just about any fruit or dark chocolate. It would also be great on top of a warm brownie or fruit pie. Or anything else, for that matter.

Don’t forget to follow the new blog to keep getting my updates!

Enjoy!

 

Frozen Yogurt - 7

 

Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:

  • 1 quart plain, full-fat yogurt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

  1. Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
  2. Chill in the fridge until an instant thermometer reads under 45°F, or for about an hour.
  3. Pour batter into ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Allow to run on stir for about half an hour or until desired consistency.
  4. Transfer to an airtight container to freeze overnight before serving.

One comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *