This is not an I-had-too-much-work-to-do late post. This is an I-had-lots-of-fun-things-to-do late post. So really the better kind of late post. It was one of those awesome weekends where I spent lots of times with friends, lots of time in the kitchen, and lots of time not reading law cases.
I actually baked two things – these Nutella Brownies and a flan, but due to lots of requests, I’m posting the brownies first. Flan will come, I promise.
Now, most of the time I pick recipes because I’m pretty confident they’re going to be good. But sometimes I pick recipes because I literally don’t believe they will work. (See Healthy Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Magic Bars) This week was one of the latter.
Two ingredients. Gluten free. Nutella. It seemed too good to be true. But it worked!
First, use the whisk attachment of your stand mixer to beat the eggs on medium-high speed for 8 minutes. They will triple in size and be pale.Meanwhile, microwave the Nutella for a minute and allow to cool while the eggs are beaten.With the mixer on low, slowly beat in the Nutella until just combined. You’ll have to scrape down the sides a couple times. Pour the batter into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.Let cool completely before removing from pan and cutting into squares. And that’s it. Really. That easy. It almost feels like cheating.Store them in an airtight container. They’re a little spongy in texture, but were a hit nonetheless!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Nutella
- Beat eggs on medium high speed using the whisk attachment for 8 minutes until triple in size and pale in color.
- Heat Nutella in the microwave for 1 minute. Cool while eggs are beating.
- With mixer on low speed, beat in Nutella until just combined.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in pan before removing and cutting into squares.