I made the (great) mistake of starting Stranger Things this weekend. As far as things to watch during Halloweekend, I think I picked well, but as far as a full weekend of baking adventures, I only ended up with time for one.
Fortunately, I made it count. They fulfilled three important jobs: pumpkin, Halloween-themed, and “possibly the best thing I’ve ever made” according to at least two sources. And, if you’re not done celebrating Halloween yet (which you shouldn’t be, since it’s not until tomorrow), you’ve still got time to make a batch yourself!
First, beat together the gingersnap cookie crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cream cheese until well blended. Add the melted white chocolate chips and beat to blend. Chill the filling in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll dough into one inch balls.Melt the white chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stick a toothpick into the filling, dip in the white chocolate to coat, and place back on the parchment paper.Refrigerate to harden. Drizzle with remaining white chocolate and use red food coloring to create the eyes.Store in an airtight container (once hardened) in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- 1 1/2 cups gingerbread cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- white chocolate chips for coating
- Beat the gingerbread cookie crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin puree, confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cream cheese in a large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in the 1/2 cup melted white chocolate chips.
- Chill the filling in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll filling into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Use a toothpick to dip filling in melted white chocolate to coat and place back on baking sheet.
- Once hardened, drizzle more white chocolate over the top, and use red food coloring to create eyes.