Have you ever thought, “What I really need right now is one large chocolate chip cookie, but no more than that?” This blog is for you.
In the past, I’ve taught you how to make a mug brownie, and last week I started my small batch baking kick with some Funfetti cake. But a single chocolate chip cookie feels so much more decadent.
In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, oil, water and vanilla extract with a rubber spatula until combined.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to combine.
Add the chocolate and stir to incorporate. I went a little extra on this and chopped up some fancy baking chocolate, throwing in some milk chocolate for good measure, too. Use whatever you have in your cabinet, though.
The dough will be a little shinier than normal cookie dough – that’s OK. Scoop it out onto a baking sheet. Check out my super cute new mini baking sheet! I decided if I was going to start small batch baking, I should have the right gear.
Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes.
It looks massive because you can’t tell how cute and small the baking sheet is, I promise. I’d call it a cookie and a half, if I had to describe it. Basically the perfect size for a “I need something that feels special” snack.
I ate mine for lunch dessert – because you should always feel special.
Obviously not going to give you any storage tips because you should eat this while it’s still warm.
Single Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, oil, water and vanilla extract with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir until just incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate until mixed in.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes. Cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet.